Dear Members and Colleagues,
As a proud and dedicated Board Member of Fairfield County’s Community Foundation (FCCF), I invite you to learn more about this great organization. FCCF is regarded as a trusted entity for bringing together people, solutions and funding to create lasting change in our region, particularly Bridgeport and the Fairfield County. FCCF promotes philanthropy as a means to create change in Fairfield County, focusing on innovative and collaborative solutions to critical issues impacting the community, individuals, families, corporations and organizations can establish charitable funds or contribute to existing funds. The Community Foundation is in compliance with the Council on Foundations’ national standards, and has awarded over $200 million in grants to nonprofits in Fairfield County and beyond.
The Community Foundation addresses issues too complex for any single organization to tackle alone. Did you know…
- There are 100,000 young people ages 16 to 24 in Fairfield County who face unemployment rates between 13.6% (Bethel) and 49.5% (Bridgeport).
- Fairfield County is one of the most expensive housing markets in the country. More than 52,000 families cannot afford the rent for a two-bedroom apartment.
- To just “get by,” a single woman supporting two young children needs an income of at least $60,000. Yet women who work full-time in Fairfield County earn a median income of $48,900.
Here are some example of solutions at work by FCCF:
- Thrive by 25 helps young people become self-sufficient by age 25.
- Family Economic Security Program helps women supporting dependents attain the education and skills they need to move up to jobs that pay a family-sustaining wage and begin building assets.
- PT Partners is an award-winning model program that helps public housing residents transform their lives and community from the inside-out.
- Our Center for Nonprofit Excellence provides workshops, leadership training and other resources that help local nonprofits become more efficient at making an impact.
I ask for your financial commitment to support this remarkable cause. Our contributions to FCCF funds can make a difference.
Here are two (2) ways you can help:
- You can set up “Donor Advised Fund” (DAF). A DAF is an easy and cost-effective way to support your favorite nonprofits and causes, here in Fairfield County or anywhere in the country. Gifts to your fund qualify for an immediate tax deduction, regardless of when you decide to recommend grants. And you are freed from fiscal management and paperwork — we handle all of the administrative responsibilities. Making an impact has never been easier or more rewarding.
- You can donate toward FCCF’s “Giving Day” on 03.09.17. Giving Day is Fairfield County’s largest philanthropic event! Help VASE Management support FCCF’s effort to help individuals, families and companies make a difference in low income communities. As a sponsor, your company and message will receive a myriad of benefits and visibility on a large, county-wide scale.
We are counting on your support.
To get started, please contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-332-7366 for additional information and to get connected to FCCF.
My sincere thanks for your personal support.
VASE Management LLC